If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (830) 693-6415

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

When you're hot, you're hot!

12/4/2017 (Permalink)

Fire Damage When you're hot, you're hot! A kitchen in a home blanketed in soot and insulation from a house fire.

In just minutes a small fire can turn into a life threatening tragedy. 40% of our nations house fires are caused by unattended pots and pan on the stove. Candles being the second biggest cause, millions of dollars worth of damage alone is  caused from candle fires. Arson is the third most common cause of fires in general. Electrical fires are scary and even more so costly, whether it was from faulty house wiring or an appliance with a bad wire the damage is monstrous.

Lets face it fires are deadly and they are not a laughing matter, they kill thousands of people every year in the US.

So, the big question here is, "How can we protect our selves from a house fire?"

Below are a few tips to help make your home a little safer during the holiday season:

  1. NEVER leave pots or pans on the stove top unattended. what is a "I'll only be gone for a second", could turn into a lifetime of recovery.
  2. Keep a Fire extinguisher ready to go, and know how to use it properly.
  3. Do not cover electrical cords with rugs or blankets.
  4. Make sure all of the smoke alarms in your home are working and functioning correctly.
  5. Keep your stove and oven cleaned; spilled food can ignite when hot enough.
  6. Do not place space heaters near any furniture or curtains or even rugs. 
  7. For those whose have a chimney in your home, make sure it is clean and inspected before burning wood in it. Keep in mind you only burn wood in the fire place. Wrapping paper, trees, boxes all pose a threat for disaster.

Between the soot, water and just burnt materials from the aftermath of a house fire, you find yourself stressed, emotional and frantically wondering, Where does the recovery start and take place?

No need to worry, SERVPRO can help. With our highly trained technicians and our people friendly family we will get your home cleaned of soot, ash, and ruble to get you on the right road.

We use precise detail to make sure that everything salvageable is cleaned and smoke free to the best of standards. 

Gives us a call today at (830)693-6415

SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas and Brownwood

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!

Other News

View Recent Posts