Horseshoe Bay Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (830)693-6415 or (512)556-5979
When you're hot, you're hot!
A kitchen in a home blanketed in soot and insulation from a house fire.
In just minutes a small fire can turn into a life threatening tragedy. 40% of our nations house fires are caused by unattended pots and pan on the stove. Candles being the second biggest cause, millions of dollars worth of damage alone is caused from candle fires. Arson is the third most common cause of fires in general. Electrical fires are scary and even more so costly, whether it was from faulty house wiring or an appliance with a bad wire the damage is monstrous.
Lets face it fires are deadly and they are not a laughing matter, they kill thousands of people every year in the US.
So, the big question here is, "How can we protect our selves from a house fire?"
Below are a few tips to help make your home a little safer during the holiday season:
- NEVER leave pots or pans on the stove top unattended. what is a "I'll only be gone for a second", could turn into a lifetime of recovery.
- Keep a Fire extinguisher ready to go, and know how to use it properly.
- Do not cover electrical cords with rugs or blankets.
- Make sure all of the smoke alarms in your home are working and functioning correctly.
- Keep your stove and oven cleaned; spilled food can ignite when hot enough.
- Do not place space heaters near any furniture or curtains or even rugs.
- For those whose have a chimney in your home, make sure it is clean and inspected before burning wood in it. Keep in mind you only burn wood in the fire place. Wrapping paper, trees, boxes all pose a threat for disaster.
Between the soot, water and just burnt materials from the aftermath of a house fire, you find yourself stressed, emotional and frantically wondering, Where does the recovery start and take place?
No need to worry, SERVPRO can help. With our highly trained technicians and our people friendly family we will get your home cleaned of soot, ash, and ruble to get you on the right road.
We use precise detail to make sure that everything salvageable is cleaned and smoke free to the best of standards.
Gives us a call today at (830)693-6415
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas and Brownwood
Happy Holidays from our family to yours!