Flooded home in Marble Falls
Demo done after 5 feet of water flooded this home.
This was one home recently affected in the Highland Lakes area after extreme flooding caused a STORM Site to activate in my territory. With help from the TEAM STONE Directorship and numerous SERVPRO Franchises from all over Texas we were able to service many of the over 600 homes affected during this unexpected crisis.
Has mold made itself welcomed in your home?
Mold in a bedroom.
This customer in Lampasas had a roof leak that over time led to a mold issue in their bedroom. The picture shows the mold build-up along the wall and baseboard. They contacted SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood for help and when our production technicians arrived on site proper drying and removal of the mold issue and sanitizing was done.
Restoring Your Burnet County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Water soaked flooring in commercial property.
Flooding and water damage events at Burnet County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Horseshoe Bay Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (830)693-6415 or (512)556-5979
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Marble Falls Home
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood
SERVPRO of Marble Falls specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit Burnet County, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Marble Falls or surrounding Highland Lakes areas.
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Burnet County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams [[Click to your disaster recovery page]] that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at (830)693-6415 or (512)556-5979.
Kingsland Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Marble Falls for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (830)693-6415 or (512)556-5979
Faster to your Lampasas County Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (830)693-6415 or (512)556-5979
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When you're hot, you're hot!
A kitchen in a home blanketed in soot and insulation from a house fire.
In just minutes a small fire can turn into a life threatening tragedy. 40% of our nations house fires are caused by unattended pots and pan on the stove. Candles being the second biggest cause, millions of dollars worth of damage alone is caused from candle fires. Arson is the third most common cause of fires in general. Electrical fires are scary and even more so costly, whether it was from faulty house wiring or an appliance with a bad wire the damage is monstrous.
Lets face it fires are deadly and they are not a laughing matter, they kill thousands of people every year in the US.
So, the big question here is, "How can we protect our selves from a house fire?"
Below are a few tips to help make your home a little safer during the holiday season:
- NEVER leave pots or pans on the stove top unattended. what is a "I'll only be gone for a second", could turn into a lifetime of recovery.
- Keep a Fire extinguisher ready to go, and know how to use it properly.
- Do not cover electrical cords with rugs or blankets.
- Make sure all of the smoke alarms in your home are working and functioning correctly.
- Keep your stove and oven cleaned; spilled food can ignite when hot enough.
- Do not place space heaters near any furniture or curtains or even rugs.
- For those whose have a chimney in your home, make sure it is clean and inspected before burning wood in it. Keep in mind you only burn wood in the fire place. Wrapping paper, trees, boxes all pose a threat for disaster.
Between the soot, water and just burnt materials from the aftermath of a house fire, you find yourself stressed, emotional and frantically wondering, Where does the recovery start and take place?
No need to worry, SERVPRO can help. With our highly trained technicians and our people friendly family we will get your home cleaned of soot, ash, and ruble to get you on the right road.
We use precise detail to make sure that everything salvageable is cleaned and smoke free to the best of standards.
Gives us a call today at (830)693-6415
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas and Brownwood
Happy Holidays from our family to yours!
Has mold made itself welcomed in your home?
Toxic black mold all over drywall.
It's found indoors and out doors.
It can get into your home or business through windows, doors, vents, A/C systems even on your clothes and pets. Even after flooding has dried out it can still grow in dry wall, wood, paint, dust, wall paper, fabrics and upholstery. But how do we stop it? Can we prevent it or stop the growth before it has harmful affects on us?
YES! Yes, you can!
Here are just a few small tips to help prevent mold growth in your home or business:
- Control humidity levels in your building. Mold thrives in moisture and dampness.
- Quickly asses leaking pipes, toilets, sinks, windows, roofs and ceilings.
- Thoroughly clean up and dry after any leak or spill.
- Make sure your shower/bathtub is ventilated and caulked as well as cooking areas and laundry rooms and water heaters.
- Make sure that all A/C and water heater pipes are not leaking or corroded.
Can I do anything to stop it once I find mold in my home or is it too late?
Mold can be cleaned or even removed from hard surfaces, walls, wall studs and carpets with the right treatments and remedies.
What to do if you find mold growing in your home:
- You need to clean it and stop the moisture problem right away. After all Mold thrives in Moist damp conditions.
- CALL SERVPRO!
- it can be removed from hard surfaces with chemicals such as bleach or antimicrobial.
If mold has you held hostage in your home, call SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas and Brownwood today! We can help!
We're open 24/7, 24 hours
You can reach one of our highly trained technicians at (830)693-6415